Spring Semester 2010

GREAT Songs!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, June 21, 2009

My artistic Side

Those of you who know me well know that I am not artistic. I cannot make a masterpiece from lead, chalk, pastel, paint, or ink. I cannot draw freehand. Heck, I can't even trace! I suppose you could say that I inherited my father's artistic abilities (or lack thereof). :) But for the past year, I have worked on developing a different kind of art. I love to write poetry. There's kind of a funny story behind that. There's an awesome guy I know who loves to write poetry, and he's really good at it (he's straight too, by the way). lol. Well, he wrote a few poems, so I thought I would give it a hand. The first one I wrote, I gave to him for his birthday, and he ended up fixing it and then giving it back :) Since then, I have worked hard on it. My mother always tells me that my poems are giddy and teenish, but that they're good for what they are. :) She's awesome about it though, and listens to every single lovey dovey poem I write. I just wanted to share one with you that I have written recently and kind of like.

Blink of an Eye

One chance encounter
It all happened so fast
Everything seems perfect
I want it to last

In one tiny moment
You were in and then out
But in that single second
I learned what it’s all about

It’s about playing the game
It’s about taking a chance
It’s about sharing a smile
It’s about learning to dance

It’s about giving your trust
And enjoying the time
It’s about smelling the roses
And enjoying the rhyme

It’s about changing
Becoming who you can be
You didn’t come alone
You brought another piece of me

And now I stand silent
Watching you disappear
And being so puzzled
At the lack of a tear

You were in and then out
In the blink of an eye
But this isn’t over
There’s no need to cry

1 comment: